Saturday, November 6, 2010

Jalapeno Honey Chicken Tenders


I think I mentioned a while ago that we went to a wedding on Mr. Vittles' 30th birthday.  The wedding was in Cape May NJ (an adorable shore town) and had a beach theme, and they gave out the cutest favors - small jars of Old Bay seasoning accompanied by a recipe for crab cakes.

However, as most of you know, I do not enjoy seafood in the least - so I was not about to be making any crab cakes.  I knew that you could put it on a number of other things (I've seen Old Bay seasoned potato chips) but I don't know exactly what foods the flavors go best with.

So to the Old Bay website I went, where I was able to find some good non-seafood recipe suggestions.

This one reminded me of my childhood when one of my favorite foods was chicken tenders dipped in honey.  The jalapeno and Old Bay give it a nice twist.  Mr. V and I both thought it was pretty tasty!

Jalapeno Honey Chicken Tenders
  • 2 T. honey
  • 1 egg
  • 1 t. finely minced jalapeno
  • 1/4 C. flour
  • 3/4 C. unseasoned dry breadcrumbs (I used panko)
  • 3 t. old bay seasoning
  • 1 T. dried parsley flakes
  • 1 lb. chicken tenders (or breasts, cut into strips)
  • 2 T. canola oil
  • 1 t. salt
Preheat oven 425.

Mix jalapeno, honey, and egg in shallow dish.  In separate shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, flour, old bay, salt, and parsley.

Dip each chicken tender in honey mixture, then coat evenly with bread crumb mixture and place on a dish.

Heat the canola oil on a rimmed baking sheet in the oven for 5 minutes.  Turn sheet to coat surface evenly with oil.

Immediately place chicken tenders on sheet and bake 7 minutes.  Flip and bake another 7-8 minutes until cooked through & no longer pink.  Let sit a few minutes before serving.

Recipe slightly adapted from Old Bay.com

3 comments:

  1. Great sounding chicken recipe, thanks for something new to try with my chicken and I love it hot, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so mouthwatering! How I wish to have some right now! Yumm...
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now live in Baltimore, and can tell you that once I got over the idea that Old Bay "tastes like seafood" (haha yes, I used to think this)... I realized it tastes great on SO many things. Some of my favorites are: corn on the cob, roasted vegetables, and french fries.

    http://www.gingersnapjordan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

If you have a question or problem you can also feel free to email me at vittlesandbits@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...