Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes


On this night before Thanksgiving, I am taking a break from making some dishes for tomorrow's feast at my in-laws to wish you all a lovely holiday!

At times, this past year has been trying ... in general, it seems the things that I want to stay the same won't, and things that I want to change stay the same.  As I'm sure you all know - sometimes it's just difficult to deal with loss and life's disappointments.

But that being said - I have sooo many things to be thankful for that it's almost unbelievable!

I have a wonderful, loving husband who makes me smile single every day. 

I have amazing friends and family members that I couldn't live without.

I have a good job and a roof over my head and enough money to pay the bills - plus some extra for fun things as well.

I have found a special hobby in blogging that has allowed me to share one of my passions with incredible people, some of whom I probably wouldn't have 'met' otherwise.

(That's right - I'm thankful for YOU!)

And ... I have discovered this side dish that makes a vegetable insanely delicious!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes

  • 2 lbs. red-skinned sweet potatoes
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 2 T. honey
  • 1 t. fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • (optional: 1/4 t. cinnamon + 1/2 t. chili powder OR 1/4 t. garlic powder + 1/8 t. cayenne pepper)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Peel & cut potatoes into 1" cubes and put in a 9x13 baking dish.

In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, lemon juice, salt (and optional seasoning, if desired).  Pour mixture over potatoes and toss to coat.

Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.

Recipe slightly adapted from Food Network's Ellie Krieger

6 comments:

I love reading your comments!

If you have a question or problem you can also feel free to email me at vittlesandbits@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...